Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Maintain detailed and up to date documentation of company infrastructure.
- Maintain detailed and up to date records of completed work orders.
- Write instructional and technical support documents for support staff as well as end-users/customers.
- Document and educate co-workers on all implemented solutions as well as improvements in system implementations.
- Evaluate potential technologies and provide recommendations on system hardware and implementations.
- Work closely with the IT management team, support and customer care teams and other internal partners to satisfy all customer requirements.
- Provide Tier 2 systems support and troubleshooting with limited supervision.
- Design, and create fiber, wireless and satellite installations based on business, technical requirements and policies and procedures.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain wireless PtP and PtMP equipment
- Configure, deploy, and maintain satellite network equipment
- Configure, deploy, and maintain fiber optics network equipment
- Deployment of Solar power systems
- Enforce processes for management, including configurations, monitoring, and patch management.
- Provide support and maintenance for BCN Network facilities.
- Responsible for troubleshooting all sources of fiber, wireless and satellite issues
- Responsible for keeping all monitoring systems and processes up-to-date
- Work with vendors, telecom providers and other technology teams to bring issues to resolution and take actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Work with clients, vendors, and carriers on circuit installation and connectivity setup while coordinating necessary steps related to carrier maintenance notices.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years relevant work experience. Experience in an ISP or telecom environment is advantageous.
- Proficiency in the use of voice and data communication applications, with working knowledge of copper and fiber cable, wiring systems and telephone services would be advantageous
- Proficiency in the use of wireless and satellite infrastructure is an asset
- Interests in IP technologies DHCP, DNS, ARP, SMTP, RADIUS, STP, and MPLS WAN technology would be relevant
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications is required – use of Visio would be an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot computer networking issues would be valuable
- Construction experience or general handy-man skills would be an asset
- Self-starter and team player, able to take ownership of projects and environments
- Excellent communications (oral and written)
- Fast learner, creative problem solver, who can research and apply knowledge effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and set priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated professionalism through appearance and overall conduct
- Ability to understand and adhere to operating procedures and practices
- Enjoy the changing demands of technology and embraces learning and expanding their knowledge
- Primarily, models expected behaviours, supporting a service excellence culture
- Willing to fly in small planes, choppers, Skidoos and Hovercrafts as may be required.
- Enjoys working outdoors
- Will be required to submit a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-27